- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Billie Holiday in 1958, Herman Leonard.
Gunn’s performance was not that of an action heroine or a television genius, and it was not meant to be. Skyler carries the weight of Walt’s actions. Plenty of people hated her for it, Walt sometimes included. But Gunn’s performance pushed both Walt and the people who wanted to see him as a hero to increasingly contrived and ludicrous justifications for treating Skyler like she was a worse person than Walt.
Gunn’s drawn face in the last two seasons of “Breaking Bad” might not have brought about the end of the anti-hero era in television. But Gunn’s performance marked the end of a time when the creators of such shows could get away with writing anti-heroes’ wives as flat, cartoonish characters, or when audiences could get away with worshiping difficult men without encountering strong opposition.
Wes Anderson has said that the whole cast stayed in the same hotel when they were shooting. He also insisted on all make-up and costume being done in the lobby of the hotel in order to give more urgency to the process and begin filming sooner.
The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
a friendly reminder: the media is lying to you…
Threeeeeee quarters of americans haaaad aaaaabsolutely noooooo idea whaaaaatsover
this made me happy. next: maybe animals abuse? or prescription drug abuse?
Daily Show correspondent Michael Che tries to find a safe place to report from.
Breathtaking photo of a mountain range with flowers blooming. Somewhere in Russia. Photo by Alex Klekovkin. ..
Yili Apricot Valley, China. Every year, these rolling hills in Xinjiang explode into a puffy sea of pink and white. As the largest groves of apricots in the region, this flowering signifies the beginning of the fruiting season, while also transforming the landscape into something other-worldly.